Re: Stock class reclassings

To: Popsracr@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stock class reclassings
From: Mike Lamfalusi <lamfalus@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:11:54 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 6 Jul 2000 23:05:12 EDT, Popsracr@aol.com wrote:

>  In a message dated 07/06/2000 6:09:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
>  solo2inseattle@wa.freei.net writes:
>
>  << I've never met daddio or watched him drive but that must have been a
>   superhuman (and unlikely for us regular joe's to duplicate) effort to
get
>   the car that fast. >>
>
>  I think you've discovered the secret.  Daddio's actually an alien like
Jeff
>  Cashmore and Bob Tunnell, and a few others (insert any past Nat Champ
name
>  here).  They're all from the city of Fastfootia from the province of
Nolifta
>  on the planet Lookaheada.

Yes, they do seem to posess super human driving skills and I would love to
be able to some day equal their capabilities.  In certain cases though, like
in DS with Daddio, I bet the car was prepared to a degree to which I DOUBT
many people would be able to reach (less than 5%?).  I can just picture a
few techs in a Chrysler parts warehouse, individually weighing and measuring
every single Neon part to get the lightest part out of the bin and then
putting them together to make his car.  Stock of course, but how many people
get to pick the lightest parts (pistons, connecting rods, etc.) to get put
in their car?  I could be totally wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if that
were actaully the case.  Again, even in a car straight off the reject line,
any of these guys could kick my a$$ every day of the week and twice on
Sunday, but just a note that I bet his Neon was as equally "alien" as his
driving skills :)

Mike Lamfalusi
'97 VW Jetta GLX
GS - Chicago Region