Re: Stock class reclassings...the sky is falling? (NOT!)

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stock class reclassings...the sky is falling? (NOT!)
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 16:39:42 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: <GSMnow@aol.com>

> I bought a 95 Celica ST. I knew it was moving up to EStock, and felt it
would
> still run well, and it has. It is also now my wife daily driver, and that
was
> part of the reason for the car choice, it is a great daily driver.
>
> But with this re-class, I get pushed into a class with the Probe GT, MX-6
> V-6, Starion/Conquest turbos, SVO Turbos, Sentra SE-R, Camaro V-6 etc. WOW
> talk about making it totally course dependant. I have a nice nimble good
> handling car with NO POWER. Even Jeff Cashmore, who can run His 95 ST with
> the big dogs gets beat on power courses by several of these cars. I can
see
> the New (00) Celica GT getting in there with the simple power to weight
> numbers, and a better chassis too, but the 95's will be toast.

Before everyone gets wound up, keep in mind that this proposal just
identifies typical cars in each class -- class philosophy, if you will.  I
can't imagine that it's the final proposal for all cars in all classes.  The
SCAC and SEB have never bought into the
BOB/all-versions-of-a-model-in-one-class (let alone all years) arguement
before, and IMO, it's unlikely they will now.  So Celicas, Civics, Preludes,
Golfs and other cars which have evolved over the last 20 years will probably
end up parcelled out among classes by generation much like they are now.

Let's at least argue about what was written...not about what wasn't!

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si (had a Type R for lunch today...)
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr