Re: Stock class reclassings...the sky is falling? (NOT!)

To: <GSMnow@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stock class reclassings...the sky is falling? (NOT!)
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 08:28:10 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: <GSMnow@aol.com>

> ((( warning, rant mode on )))

Sure...a good rant wakes me up in the morning.... :)

> It was written and is posted on the SCCA web page.

I read it -- and it doesn't appear to address all cars (by a long shot) and
years only in some specific cases.  Confusing, yes, and worthy of a letter,
but not worthy of panic.

> Celica GT ALL and Celica ST pushed in with the MX6 V6 and Probe GT V6 as
well
> as many other hot GStock cars from only a couple years ago. As far as
Celica
> STs go, the 94-97 like my 95 is about as good as they get, and they still
are
> quite weak compared to ALL of the other cars listed for Class 8

I agree -- which is why I don't think your car will end up there.  IMO.

> I can understand some of the listings, but it needs alot more thought.

Violent agreement!

> P.S.  Jamie, since you beat a Type R with your Prelude, we have to move
all
> Preludes to DStock now, and the poor Type-R's should go to E, right?

I still have the letters...the 2.3-liter Preludes *came* from DS, and the
VTECs from BS....

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing