Re: Wheel rules

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wheel rules
From: "Richard Rees" <greyhawke@home.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:58:30 -0500
> Why on earth would anyone buy new stock wheels for racing?  There are
take-off
> wheels available for virtually any car made in reasonable Stock class
> quantities.

Note the discrepancy here:  why would ANYONE (meant - any person) buy stock
wheels for racing.  "...virtually any car (read - not EVERY car)"
Driving an S2000 as I do, the only aftermarket wheels that are offered in
the stock size are SSR Integrals.  However, the offsets on the wheels aren't
close to the stock offsets.  The stock wheels cost another 140$ (for a set
of 4, not each) and have the correct offset.  Being a first year car, there
has only been 1 set of used wheels up for sale that could be verified as not
being stolen.