Re: 1st gen RX-7 setup

To: rallyfan555@yahoo.com, tim@wankel.net
Subject: Re: 1st gen RX-7 setup
From: Jack.Stone@Eng.Sun.COM (Jack Stone)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 07:02:57 -0700
All,

Is there such a thing as binding in the rear
suspension of the first gen cars?

Could this be his problem?  Could the car be
bottoming out?

I run 2#'s less in the rear than the front.
The actual pressure depends on the tyres run
and keeping even tread on the ground.

I have both bars 1.125 frt, and .625 rr.

Springs play a role as well.  If they are
sagging then they will also make the car
handle bad.

Another thing is if the shocks are worn
this also causes problems.

So finding the baseline and correcting from
there is the most cost effective and productive
measure.  Then with the help of others building
up the car as you progress.

jm2c's  but lost the original senders mail
address.

cheers,

jack ~