Re: Not all OEM wheels suck

To: "Kevin Stevens" <kevin_stevens@hotmail.com>, <pfoster@gdi.net>,
Subject: Re: Not all OEM wheels suck
From: "Ron Bauer" <ronbauer@aa.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:34:32 -0700
Kevin Stevens wrote:

>c) For the S2000 and other first-year cars, worst case, you have to
>   buy a new set of stock rims.  But I'm not buying that there aren't
>   ANY out there.  No S2000's have been wrecked yet?  Nobody makes
>   an aftermarket wheel to run on the street?  TireRack shows some.

And we did buy a new set of stock rims at something like $300/wheel (which
was a discount because we know people.)  If you care to do some research and
find some inexpensive S2000 wheels, I'd welcome it.  Even a wrecked car is
going to demand somewhere in the $250/wheel range.  As for aftermarket
wheels, they really aren't any cheaper to get  a decent wheel, and they are
not available in the stock size to run the brand new Potenza S02s that came
on the car.  Besides which, it is beneficial to have two sets of wheels that
you can have different tires on for autocross as you mentioned!

Ron Bauer
Y2K S2K