Re: C4-C5 Corvettes in stock-Dakotas in the Rain

To: BRUBEL51@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: C4-C5 Corvettes in stock-Dakotas in the Rain
From: "Steven T. Ekstrand" <cyberlaw@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 00:35:11 -0700
As the rezident stock Dakota racer....

I blame it on the Stock Badyear rubber and its incredibly wide tread
grooves (high void ratio), but my 2000 Dakota is unbelievably sweet in the
rain.  I bought the truck in February during a week were it rained off and
on the first ten days I had it home.  So most of my first "play" was in the
rain.  I know if I ran an autox in the rain I'd still be DFL, but I'd be
closer.

Of course, a regular cab Dakota R/T with a Hotchkis suspension (Lowered and
stiffened, with massive front sway, decent rear sway, and custom tuned
Bilsteins)and massive R tires will hold its own nicely, especially on a
fast course.  So will a newer Ford Frightening with R tires.

-STE
Someday will race a 31 year old dinosaur in SM, til then racing his tow
vehicle.