Re: Appearances

To: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: Appearances
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:02:39 -0400
Paul Foster wrote:
> I don't see how the looks of the vehicle have anything to do with it.
> Do you want all BMW 3 series to have to run in AS because they look
> like an M3? If you have two cars with disparate performance it is only
> fair to at least consider them to be in separate classes.
>
> I have an idea. Let's eliminate CM because they look like BM cars.

Heh. :-)  (Of course, CM cars have no wings, and BM cars do.)

Seriously, I think it's detrimental to the sport to have two of nine
Stock classes dominated (in terms of numbers, if not performance) by
Miatas (and earlier, Neons).

As for the 3-Series question, I think any enthusiast would consider the
M3 different from other 3-series cars, and the 6-cylinder cars
different from the 4-cylinder cars.  I don't have a problem with
separating them, and perhaps my choice of wording ("look identical")
was unfortunate.

Mark