Re: WSCC autox @ Palisades (NY) on Sunday

To: jim5@us.ibm.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WSCC autox @ Palisades (NY) on Sunday
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 20:05:03 GMT
jim5@us.ibm.com wrote:

>The day was excellent! The course was well laid out. Just enough
>not to be confusing, yet challenging. The staff ran things very smoothly.
>Three cheers for the new laser timing system. Not a
>single problem all day.

I second all of the above!

I want to be on the record stating publicly that Westchester
Sports Car Club put on a first-class event yesterday.  They
came out with a brand new JA Circuits timing system, new
timing/scoring software, and even changed to a heat system
for run groups --- all at the same event.  This was a recipe
for disaster, yet everything worked.  I've been to a lot of
WSCC events over the past 6 years, and this one was their best
by far in my opinion.  [Contrast this to an event of theirs two
years ago, when I probably set the national re-run record with
11 trips to the starting line for 6 timed runs.]  I heard
nothing but good things in the paddock after the event, and
made it a point to pass along the praise to the club's
coreworkers.  The improvement from earlier in the season
was night and day, and I wouldn't have believed it if I
wasn't there.

>I took third place in the novice class!  I was very happy with
>those results. I never thought I would get as far as I did.

For the benefit of those in Team.Net land, that was 3rd place
out of 22 cars in the PAXed novice class.  Not bad for a
first-timer!

>Thanks again Art, and congrats on the first place win in G stock.

No, thank you for convincing me to go to WSCC instead of
Albany yesterday.  I wouldn't have believed how good the
event was if I didn't see it with my own eyes, and I'm
sure that Team HUOA (who all went to Harrisburg) are
probably thinking that I have an exhaust leak in my car
or something.....

-Arthur ("Paint??? I don't need no stinkin' paint!" edition)