Re: SCCA article on IGN.com

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SCCA article on IGN.com
From: John Eagan <johneagan@toltbbs.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 19:09:49 -0400
For general information about the photos on the page under discussion:

I went and looked at the IGN page people have been talking about. Along
with the Omnis mentioned, I got a surprise toward the bottom of the
page.

The white Honda pictured is one of the Zen Racing cars, driven by Tracy
Nine. The car races in ITC. Tracy won the ITC sprint race at the 1999
ARRC at Road Atlanta, which arguably makes him the closest thing to an
official ITC national champion that I can see.

One note of extra irony is that the photo in question was taken at
Waterford Hills, in a race weekend that is part of their track series.
Put more plainly, it was not an SCCA event.

This photo was taken by ITA racer Scott Jasmund, who, besides being a
hobby racer who is also a pretty good photog, is a professional
programmer and website designer who hosts the websites for the Detroit
Region SCCA (http://www.detroit-scca.org), Zen Racing
(http://www.zenautoworks.com), and NWOR-SCCA
(http://www.kineticracing.com/NWOR). I take care of page payout and
content for the NWOR site.

The photo was taken as-is (except for a filename change) from either the
Zen site or the NWOR site (where it currently resides at the top of the
"News" page and on a page about Tracy's year under the Racing section).
Nobody asked me about using the photo, I can't say if Scott gave
permission, right now. I'll email him the URL and point it out.

JLE