Re: SCCA article on IGN.com

To: "John Eagan" <johneagan@toltbbs.com>, "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SCCA article on IGN.com
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 20:24:41 -0500
From: John Eagan <johneagan@toltbbs.com>

>The white Honda pictured is one of the Zen Racing cars, driven by Tracy
>Nine. The car races in ITC. Tracy won the ITC sprint race at the 1999
>ARRC at Road Atlanta, which arguably makes him the closest thing to an
>official ITC national champion that I can see.
>
>One note of extra irony is that the photo in question was taken at
>Waterford Hills, in a race weekend that is part of their track series.
>Put more plainly, it was not an SCCA event.

Which is consistent.  I have heard that the track shot with the Omni was at
a MAC open-track event some years back.  The event at Dakota County was
probably not SCCA either.  So not only does this person steal photos to
publicize the SCCA, they were not even photos of SCCA events!

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green