Re: Alcohol Events

To: pfoster@gdi.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alcohol Events
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 19:08:03 GMT
"Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net> wrote:

>To make this thread autocross related, has anybody actually
>tried running an alcohol event as explained in the back of
>the old rulebooks?

AFAIK, SCCA sanctioning for alcohol EDUCATION events was
pulled many years ago, about the same time as the rulebook
was transcribed from stone tablets onto parchment scrolls.

For those who don't pay attention, most drivers meetings
include a statement along the lines of, "No drugs, alcohol,
or other mind-altering substances will be used on this
site, even if you brought enough to share with everyone."

If there did happen to be an alcohol national championship
on let's say Monday afternoon in Topeka, I'd be putting
my money on Dean Sapp to take the trophy..... :-)

-Arthur ("Who poured the CAM2 in the margurita machine???" edition)