RE: Spark Plugs

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Spark Plugs
From: "Moore, John" <jmoore@spyglass.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 14:38:14 -0500
[Moore, John]  For me, the plug depends on the car. In My 93 MR2, I tried
using the stock NGK Triple Platinums and found that the car lacked some
power with them, although it did make it idle really smoothly. I went back
to using the NGK copper plugs that the previous owner had put in, but one
heat range colder since the plugs where starting to get "scorched". I
haven't had any problems since. The car idles a bit rougher though.
        In my Sentra SE-R, I tried the NGK copper's, but in the stock heat
range, but the plugs looked like crap after only a few days (white tip with
scorched ceramic). I put in the stock NGK-R platinums and the car increased
in power and the plugs look perfect even after 2 months of
driving/autocrossing.

John Moore
1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R (STS)
1993 Toyota MR2 NA (CS)