timing system

To: <detail@epix.net>
Subject: timing system
From: "Dan Morency" <DMorency@gwi.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 19:51:12 -0400
Why don't you just make up a cheap system Our club uses a couple old radio
shack reflective sensors with a $8.00 stopwatch that I took apart and
soldered a couple of leads to for a backup to our Accucros system. Works
fine and costs almost nothing. You should be able to set something up for
under $200 if you are willing to manually score it. Run the lights off a car
battery, first light break starts timer, second stops it. We run the two
lights in parallel. Use cheap phone wire. The timer operator has to reset
the stopwatch between cars, someone writes times down on a scoresheet

Dan Morency
www.CumberlandMotorClub.com