RE: Class for PT-Cruiser

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Class for PT-Cruiser
From: GRMPer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 09:01:37 EDT
Phil wrote>>>>I think a PT Cruiser would be a really nifty streeter.

I agree....with some modifications.  Some HP, maybe a complete woody rear-end
with some surfboards strapped to the roof....That's what makes it cool, good
basis for customization....A blank canvas  The semi-stagnant Hotrodding mags
like Mopar, etc have taken it and started running.  (No flames please...not
many larger muscle cars coming out of 'Detroit' lately, except for the pony
cars).

This phenomenon is somewhat like the also stagnant (pick up a 1990 Hot VWs
and compare it to a 2000 Hot VWs) aircooled-VW crowd has embraced the New
Beetle..even though it's got a radiator.

We had one as a test car last week.  Some of us hated it because it was
basically a plymouth colt vista-revisited...but Tim and I were thinking
making it a Jan & Dean special.

Per (reading a lot more magazines these days)
http://www.grassrootsmotorsports.com