RE: Legend car class

To: "'Pat Kelly'" <lollipop@ricochet.net>,
Subject: RE: Legend car class
From: "Richard Atkins" <buzz@indiana.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 08:25:24 -0500
I know that the P means prepared, what I was referring to was the rule 15.A.
Intent "It is the intent of these rules to allow modifications useful and
necessary in the preparation of high performance, PRODUCTION based
non-street driven vehicle."
Rules to on to say "...shall be series produced in quantities of no less
than 3,000 within 12 month period....."
This year it was ADDED point 3 which now allows Legends and Baby Grand. I am
sure this is be cause "they would not be competitive in Mod", a statement
which I agree with. What I don't understand is why we made a place for these
cars have to have a good chance of wining but don't seem to care about any
number of other cars. Anybody read all the stuff on Fiero in past posting,
not competitive in CS, CSP, AP or FP but the answers to these people has
been who cares?
What about all the kit cars that go to Mod where they will not be
competitive?
What made Baby Grand and Legends special that they get to go somewhere with
a good chance of winning?