Re: Lightweight wheels, drive only?

To: bloring@tirerack.com
Subject: Re: Lightweight wheels, drive only?
From: jon e prevo <tcbracer@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:18:24 -0500
That sounds good but I don't think it holds up.  The question at issue is
the difference between rotational motion (created by the torque exerted
on the tire) and the linear motion of the vehicle, a byproduct of which
is the rotational inertia of the free wheel.  Much like heat as a
byproduct of a chemical reaction, inertia of the non-drive wheels is a
byproduct of the linear motion of the vehicle.  Hence my contention...

Jon FP 73