Re: Vees for sale... An OPINION as to WHY they don't (To the SEB)

To: John Whitling <alliancemillsoft@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Vees for sale... An OPINION as to WHY they don't (To the SEB)
From: "Larry R. Metz" <lrmetz@home.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 19:07:16 -0500
Sorry fellow solo vee guys.......I tend to agree with John.  I got the
chance to drive John's F500 recently.  It takes a lot different driving
style, but I do believe that the cars are near parity.  I may not be a
competitive driver of recent years (me not the car), but my years of
driving experience do believe that the cars are about as equal as could
be expected.  I do believe that vees can be refined just a bit more
under present rules, but I also fear that F500 probably has more
development potential and may move ahead more readily per its active
racing class development.  Right now, I suggest they are pretty even.  I
do think course designs are a varible that affects the equality issue at
times.

I prefer the vee, but I now have a renewed appreciation to those who
chose to drive a F500, and do it well.

Just my humble opinion...first solo was 1965....this year I will exceed
my 475th event.......

Larry #66 solo vee