Update! LTBMotorsports.com Auto-X Tourney

To: autox@autox.team.net, solo2atlanta@topica.com, ARBoard@topica.com,
Subject: Update! LTBMotorsports.com Auto-X Tourney
From: Benjamin D Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 07:37:11 -0400
LTBMotorsport.com
Summer Saturday Shootout
Auto-X Tournament

Atlanta Region SCCAs unique Auto-X Tournament sponsored by
<LTBMotorsport.com> supplier of fine automotive performance accessories.
Check out their web site for your performance parts needs.

Remember the NOPI Nationals in 1999? This series features a similar
format, only BETTER! We are limiting entries so everyone gets more runs,
there is more prize money on the table and we have a regular Solo 2
points event on each Sunday so you can make a big weekend out of it.

LTBMotorsport.com SSS Series Schedule

7 June 9
7 July 7
7 August 18

What is an Auto-X Tournament?

An Auto-X Tournament differs from a standard autocross (Solo II) in that
cars compete against one another in head-to-head matches rather than
against the clock. The two cars in a match start halfway around the
course from each other and compete through the whole course to see who
gets back to his/her own finish line first. Both finish lines are aligned
in a straight line to clearly show who wins.

Tournament Brackets

The event is a double-elimination tournament. All competitors will be
grouped into one of 4 brackets based on their RTP indexed performance in
a 2 run qualifying session. Your qualifying performance will determine
your "Seeding" for the brackets. The brackets will be based upon actual
entries

If we do the timed delay to handicap between classes, the winners of each
bracket will compete in a Single Elimination bracket for the overall
prize money.

Each competitor will remain in the tournament until he/she loses two
matches. Drivers eliminated in the first 2 rounds will be put into the
Consolation Bracket to compete for trophies.

Minimum Number of Runs

It's possible a few drivers will get the minimum of 6 runs. Most will get
many more than 6 runs. The reason for this is the way tournament brackets
work. The minimum number of runs is based on 2 qualifying runs, getting
eliminated in the first 2 rounds of the regular tournament and getting
eliminated in the first 2 rounds of the Consolation Bracket. It's
possible that no one will have that bad a scenario.

Competitive Handicapping

We are using a handicapping system based on the RTP (Racers Theoretical
Performance) Index for a distance setback OR a timed delay to equalize
between classes. The timed delay boxes are being developed right now. I'm
confident our equipment Guru, Tom Simon, will have them running VERY
efficiently, soon.

Prize Money

If we have 64 entrants there will be a $1500 purse per event. If we have
fewer entries the purse will be reduced accordingly.
Prize Money-Each Event
LTBMotorsport.com pays prize money in each of the 4 brackets:
First place $100
Second place $75
Third and Fourth $50
*Overall Prize money
First place $125
Second place $75
Third and Fourth $50
*If we use timed handicaps

Series Points Awards

Series Points Awards - LTBMotorsport.com is providing $700 in merchandise
certificates to be awarded to the top points earners for the 3 event
series

PlaceQualifyingFinish
12040
21632
31428
41326
51224
61124
71020
8920
9816
10716
11616
12516
1348
1438
1528
1618

Entry Limit

Entries are limited to the first 64 drivers to get their entry fees in.
Sign up NOW

How to Enter (limited to experienced SCCA members)

You may send Checks, Money Orders or pay by VISA/Discover/Mastercard.
Either mail your entry or phone your entry with credit card information.
Mail or phone your entries to:

Atlanta Region SCCA Solo2
Tere Pulliam  Co-chair
2772 Cliffview Drive
Lilburn, GA 30047
Phone (770) 985-9299 (3:00 PM to 8:00 PM only)
Entry fees
$50 per driver per event (each driver must fill out an entry form below)
$135 per driver for all 3 events

Entry Form for LTBMotorsport.com Summer Saturday Shootout
Phone 770.985.9299 FAX (before May 14 or after May 24) 770.474.0938

Name:____________________________________________________________________

Address:_________________________________________________________________
_

City:_______________________ State:________ Zip code:___________________

Phone (day)_______________________ Phone (evening)_____________________

Car make:__________________ Model:__________________ Color:____________

Class:____________ Car number _____1st choice ______2nd choice ______3rd
choice

Sponsor:_________________________________________________________________

SCCA Region:________________ SCCA member number: ____________________

SCCA membership expiration
date:___________________________________________

Have you competed in at least 3 autocross events in the last 2 years?
___Yes  ___No

Payment (must be received by us by the Wednesday before the event)

Event(s) you are registering for :

                June 9, 2001        ___________
                July 7, 2001         ___________
                Aug. 18, 2001     ___________

___________$50 per driver per event

___________$135 per driver for all 3 events

___________ Total paid

Credit Card (VISA, Master Charge, Discover
etc.please indicate):__________________________