Re: Street Modified cost

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>,
Subject: Re: Street Modified cost
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 03:00:20 -0500
Thanks, Eric. NAP has published enough details about DSC at this point. The
Kelly's have been kind enough to allow me to chronicle it's development in
their publication. Very few others were willing to do anything to help.

It was the flames and personal attacks by members of this list (and from
Englewood) that caused me to drop my SCCA membership last year and go it on
my own. I proceeded to develop this concept pretty much alone, making it a
viable option to Solo II, entirely out of my own pocket.

There is enough talent on this list that the T&S program could have been
done here, for example. Instead I had to pay to have it developed. There are
a lot of other costs I have incurred just to get DSC to this point
(including legal costs to protect it from predators). Not to mention the
hours spent on my computer working up a sensible set of rules.

I do not care whether I have the approval of the SCCA, Team.Net, or any
individual personally. I DO invite criticism, however. If all I get is
positive comments, I could never get the "bugs" worked out of DSC.

I will be willing to invite one and all to the inaugeral event, in any case.
Just bring checkbooks.  :-)