RE: Mr. Ryan & the SCCA

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Mr. Ryan & the SCCA
From: "Bill Fuhrmann" <bfuhrman@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 18:21:15 -0500
> opportunity ever arises....but IMO your cause would be much
> better served by
> dropping the "Evil SCCA is out to kill me and my family" routine.

Ditto from a fellow Fiero (the car that George feels is so mistreated)
owner.
George seems to know how to make a car move fast, but he is in love with a
car that is not common and is unfortunately classed.

He takes this as a personal affront and wants an I class.

He still doesn't get it.  NOT EVERY CAR CAN EVER BE COMPETITIVE.  If you
classed every car every year, you would still need to draw the lines between
the classes somewhere that will leave one car in a higher class than a
second car that is very marginally slower.  One becomes an underdog and the
other becomes the "car to have".

There are only so many man hours that can go into trying to juggle every car
ever made in each modification level in the rules.

If you toss in enough rules, all you get is the ability for people to squeak
through more loopholes and you probably don't make things any fairer.