RE: Fw: Smokey Yunick R.I.P

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fw: Smokey Yunick R.I.P
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 00:32:52 -0500
As long as we're swapping stories:

When I was 10-ish and the SCCA was still racing at Ponca in Oklahoma on or
near the Fourth of July. One weekend there was a great rush of talk about
'Smokey' and my small self didn't understand what or why this old guy caused
such a buzz.

Later that weekend the engine builder, long since gone to that motor verks
in the sky, explained to me that I'd just met Smokey Yunick and that he
liked our 914/6.

He did seem like a cool gear-head. . .

thanks,