Re: Solo DSC: was "Street Modified cost" (LONG)

To: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Solo DSC: was "Street Modified cost" (LONG)
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 01:09:15 -0500
>Uhh, no. If you _start_ a car every 20 seconds, you complete a
>run approximately every 20 seconds, _regardless_ of course
>length. We've been through this before.

I am constantly amazd at people who cannot figure this out.  I forever
correcting people who somehow get it caught in their heads that the course
length has something to do with how quickly an event goes.

>course length is not a factor in this (unless
>massive screwups cause many reruns because multiple cars have to
>be redflagged). Start interval is the only operative parameter.

Exactly.

>Uhh, well, it _is_ "somehow" bad. The object of autox - as I
>understand it, mind you - is to get _one_ really good run. Not a
>bunch of mediocre ones. I'm not much interested in a sport that
>rewards the latter.

Amen.

Daughter Amanda has presented us with a second grandchild.  Sirena Mae
Stremski
arrived on the first day of Spring 2001, weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.