Moving SCCA HQ

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moving SCCA HQ
From: "Mark Chiles" <mark@markchiles.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 17:02:37 -0400
First of all... Personnel aside, I could care less if the SCCA HQ office
moves or stays.

I do find it interesting that what I would consider 'Second-tier' cities are
courting the SCCA.

However, Karen Babb posted a comment that I just could not let be....

Karen Babb wrote:

..... I'm kind of surprised
the BOD would endorse a region-specific (Southeast) solicitation
of CVB's to submit proposals--shouldn't this be done for any
reasonable areas?  Why not RMDiv?  MidDiv?  CenDiv?  What
makes SEDiv so special?

First, don't think that just because an offer to move the HQ office, came
from the SEDiv means that everyone in the SEDiv is in on the proposal.

The Birmingham proposal was a surprise to all of us down here in the
Southeast, just as it has been everywhere else.

Nothing makes the SEDiv any better to be the host division/region of the
SCCA National office then any other division/region.

It didn't matter which division/region was the first to propose a move of
the office to their division/region, that division/region would have gotten
hammered, no matter what.

I would imagine that the 'SCCA HQ Site Selection Committee', if there is
such a thing, would entertain CVB offers from everywhere and anywhere.

And I would imagine that other cities are welcome to toss their collective
hats and tax abatements into the ring.

B.T.W.  Where is the bid from the Seattle/Tacoma CVB???

I understand that there is going to be some office space coming available
very soon as Boeing is moving THEIR Headquarters to Chicago.  (Boeing didn't
like Denver, either)

Hey, and I believe Boeing will be leaving behind a private airport runway
that could be used for the SCCA Corporate Jet/Club Racing Run-Offs/Solo II
Nationals...

And Karen, I'm surprised at you.  To insinuate that anybody on
Team.Net would flame.  Shame, shame.

Mark Chiles