Re: Tire warming

To: Scott Troyer - TestEng DRAM Repair <stroyer@micron.com>
Subject: Re: Tire warming
From: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:56:40 -0700
At 12:26 PM 9/11/2001 -0600, Scott Troyer - TestEng DRAM Repair wrote:
>You don't know that the car is running do you? Even though there is
>someone in the drivers seat you can't be sure from the picture...I've seen
>a lot of people using these passive heat retainers.

That is the true, but in the past they have run the engine.  I remember
that from the '99 nationals.  Here is a shot from the front.

         <http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nationals/2001/photos/P9080027.JPG>

Why are there cutouts for the cooling system?  Maybe so you can run the car
to heat the tires but not overheat the engine.

Nationals trivia questions?

Who originally had the idea at nationals to use the thermal barrier as a
fence to close off the bottom of the car, as a method to keep tires warm
and keep heat in?  What year was it?  What class were they running?

Who is the person that bought the same thermal barrier for the fence that
closed off the bottom of the Maloney/Reitmeir Porsche 993 in 1996?

Rex Tener
rex_tener@yahoo.com