Re: Passengers at Regional Events

To: Evolution AutoX <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: Passengers at Regional Events
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 16:56:04 -0400
This brings up one other subtlety in our Philly Region instructor
program. You are not permitted to ride as an instructor in your own car
or one that is substantially similar to your competition car if you
haven't completed your competition runs. The logic is that you might pick
up some nuance that is unique to your car that might be an additional
competitive advantage.

We do permit instruction of "intermediate" competitors during competition
runs. You know, the guys who are consistently one to two seconds behind
the class leaders or the middle of third the PAX index. This type of
instruction is always secondary to helping novices. Some heats just don't
have many novices. We've gotten some positive feedback from the people
we've helped and negative feedback from the people leading the class. :>)

On a related topic, how do you convince people who obviously need help to
accept it? I'm very forward and aggressive in offering help, yet get
turned down by the neediest.

Jon
Assistant Chief of Novice Instruction

--
Yes, I know my message date is sometime in April 2001. Welcome to
my own personal version of the film Groundhog Day!

Babe! I got you Babe!