Re: Whose thermometer is bigger? (was: 2002 Evo SEDiv...)

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Whose thermometer is bigger? (was: 2002 Evo SEDiv...)
From: "Steve Hoelscher" <stevehh@hiwaay.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 23:35:52 -0500
> The knuckledragger wrote:
> >".Actual air temps measured 3 feet above ground level
> >with a shaded thermometer at Forbes Field last weekend,
> >110 degrees.  Surface temperatures exceeded 140
> >degrees.  Heat index was over 120.

Savannah was really hot.  If you haven't been in south Georgia in late July
you wouldn't understand.   95+ and real humidity.  The current conditions as
per the weather channel when I got up a 6am saturday morning were; 77
degrees and 100 percent humidity.  It was downhill from there.

Saturday the track temp was 135 degrees.  Sunday it was 150!  I didn't want
to know what ambient temp was either day.  Whatever it was, it was enough.

Steve Hoelscher
#27 DSP