Forwarded: Re: G-Tech Pro Competition

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Re: G-Tech Pro Competition
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 21:41:57 -0600 (MDT)
For some reason this was sent to me rather than autox@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:06:56 -0400
     From: Scott Mitchell <smitch@erols.com>
     Subject: Re: G-Tech Pro Competition

Dave wrote:
>I saw this in the latest Racer Wholesale catalog.  It's a new and improved
>G-Tech with 4 accelerometers, tach readout, data-aq, pc upload, etc.  Looks
>pretty powerful for $300.  See it at
>http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/gtech.htm

It looks to me that the software is $300. You've still gotta spend
the $250 on the unit itself.

>How does it compare with Geez as far as performance, etc.?  I know that Geez
>is going for $400 and then you have to supply your own palm.  I also know that
>Geez was developed by one of our own, so I can see where it would have
>advantages.  What are they?

I haven't seen anymore information than on the site you referenced.
And I don't have Geez. I do have a Edelbrock Qwikdata. Just let me
tell you from that experience... the software is KEY. If you want to
be able to get useful information relatively quickly... it has to be
in the software package. Exporting to a spreadsheet or scientific
data package, is possible but significantly more time and effort.

Before buying I'd really like to get a look at the program. Edelbrock
does give you full access to it's software... though there's only so
much you can do without the box.

Also I'm a bit sceptical of the 'Contains A Full Blown Data
Acquisition System' statement. Seeing that adding an RPM signal (and
the extra accelerometers) is all that's new. In the least, I'd want
to see a speed signal... I mean that is the ultimate measure. All the
rest is for figuring out why.

Scott