Re: Majordomo infected (unlikely)

To: Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net>
Subject: Re: Majordomo infected (unlikely)
From: Paul McGovern <pm@nyisles.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 04:04:40 -0400 (EDT)
You are right, it is almost definitely the Klez virus. Damn nasty, it's
been well-publicized for months now and yet I still get five or more
Klez mails in my inbox each day. The virus coders designed it to collect
the addresses from an infected person's address book, and then masquerade
as one of the addys while mailing another. Obviously, someone with both
you and majordomo@team.net in their address book is infected.

A good way to tell if it's Klez is by the subject line (the most common
ones I've seen are "A humour game," "Onmouseover," and "Worm Klez.E
removal tools" (HAH!). Also the attachments are usually always between
120k and 140k, so if you get mail that's around those sizes and has a
suspicious subject line, your best bet would be to delete it immediately.

--
Paul McGovern
http://www.nyisles.net