Re: Majordomo infected (unlikely)

To: "Paul McGovern" <pm@nyisles.net>, "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Subject: Re: Majordomo infected (unlikely)
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 07:25:34 -0500
> The virus coders designed it to collect
> the addresses from an infected person's address book,

That is why my address book is absolutely empty.  Never use it.  I keep
addresses in a separate file not associated with any net program.

Which is not to say that a virus could not rifle my in-box.

> if you get mail that's around those sizes and has a
> suspicious subject line, your best bet would be to delete it immediately.

If you get an attachment which you cannot POSITIVELY identify, your best bet
would be to delete it immediately, regardless of it's size, even if it
purports to come from your brother.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org