Re: [evolution-disc.] Passengers at Regional Events

To: "Vern Anderson" <vernon_anderson@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Passengers at Regional Events
From: "Hank Wallace" <hwallace@ebimmer.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:25:54 -0400
"Vern Anderson" <vernon_anderson@yahoo.com> wrote:

> &gt; Vern Anderson wrote:
> &gt; &gt; Hello all,
> &gt; &gt;
> &gt; &gt; I am seeking some feedback and examples of how the various
> regions/clubs
> &gt; &gt; deal with passengers at their events.&nbsp; Our current rule is
that
> only
> &gt; &gt; novices may have passengers or ride as passengers.
> &gt;
> &gt; Great!&nbsp; The blind leading the stupid.&nbsp; ...this is considered
> be
> good?
>
> You didn't get it - only a novice may ride with an experienced driver
> and an experienced driver can only ride with a novice.&nbsp; Two experienced
> drivers can't share a ride.

The problem with this rule as you state it is that it doesn't provide
instruction for experienced drivers also.  I am no longer a novice, but I am
also not going to win a National Championship this year (maybe next year
<grin>).  I seek out the best drivers at events and try to get them in the car
with me to see where I need to improve.

Until I am the best driver at each event I will continue to look for ways to
improve.  Getting another experienced driver in the car helps.

Hank