Theoretically...

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Theoretically...
From: "Phil Vanner" <phil@outtech.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:25:06 -0500
Lets just say hypothetically that you suddenly found yourself waiting for a
check from some guy's insurance company and looking for a new car, what
would you want?

Lets say the budget is low 20's max. Less would be nice. New or used doesn't
matter all that much, but it has to be a daily driver in the snow belt. Has
to have a manual tranny and has to be suitable for occasional family hauling
so 4 doors required. (And I did so want a MINI Cooper S.) Small is good.

I'm partial to rear or all-wheel drive but open-minded.

I'm thinking:

New WRX (current front runner)
95-98 E36 3-Series (I could keep my extra wheels)
New Protigi 5
98-2000 A4 Quattro

What else, maybe?

5-door Golf?
Some Foci variant?
Hondas are good...
I'm sure I'm overlooking some good candidates.

If it isn't an E36, does anybody want a set of 17X7 Wheels, very new
Goodyear Eagle GSD 255/45 17's and a set of steels? (No tires, but good for
snows.)

Phil Vanner
No one was injured in the preparation of this email. (Thank God)