RE: Theoretically...

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Theoretically...
From: "bruce haden" <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:40:20 -0700
ets say the budget is low 20's max. Less would be nice. New or used doesn't
matter all that much, but it has to be a daily driver in the snow belt. Has
to have a manual tranny and has to be suitable for occasional family hauling
so 4 doors required. (And I did so want a MINI Cooper S.) Small is good.

I'm partial to rear or all-wheel drive but open-minded.

I'm thinking:

New WRX (current front runner)
95-98 E36 3-Series (I could keep my extra wheels)
New Protigi 5
98-2000 A4 Quattro

2nd place; Subaru 2.5RS----They also come with 4 doors, don't they? More
torque than WRX; might be better in the snow.
Foci are having LOTS of quality/recall problems. Nice car but I wouldn't buy
one.