Re: Koni factory service - how long?

To: dkyeung@juno.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Koni factory service - how long?
From: Ghsharp@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:34:18 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/02 10:53:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dkyeung@juno.com writes:

> I shipped my front struts off to Koni NA for what will likely be a complete
> rebuild since it is a part number they no longer carry. I am soliciting for
> experiences with how long it took for you to get struts/shocks back from
> Koni NA. I'm not in a big rush, just wanting to know what to expect.
>
> Dave Yeung
> Houston Region

Dave,

Koni's standard quoted time for work in their shop is 4-6 weeks.  Jobs
that involve custom valving or fabrication (different mounts or double-adj
conversions, for example) can take longer.  Also, certain months of the
year are busier for them than others, notably early in the year just before
everyone's racing season starts, and the month or so preceding Solo II
Nationals and the Runoffs.  IOW, your rebuild might get delayed a little
if you just recently sent it in.  I'd suggest calling Koni in 3-4 weeks to
check status.

GH Sharp
SF Motorsports