RE: DM/EM eligible cars(was Another Seven on ebay)

To: "'Sean Minehart'" <mr_two_2001@yahoo.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: DM/EM eligible cars(was Another Seven on ebay)
From: "Colbert, Raymond J." <Raymond.Colbert@alcoa.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 14:24:55 -0400
Finally a thought from another source that makes sense.  I have suggested
this to the MAC and to the SCCA directly.  I have gotten two responses.
First the car must have nbeen on SCCA's production list or a homologation
(major $)must be obtained. Second,  and this is perhaps the real problem,
kit cars and stuff built for outside the US have no known spec.

I have said before if it has cop tires cop enngine cop seats and the little
cop light it must be a cop car no matter who made it.

D/Emod have no spec. The only thing that cannot be done is to move the
drivetrain to the side (to make a center steer car) or move the engine from
front to back. All else is free.

Does it realy matter if the car was on the original list or if it is a
eurospec or Japanesespec car if it is truely street legal with things like a
horn, lights, and a windshield and wipers?  Yes this will change the face of
these two mod classes. So what. I watch the D/Emod list all the time and it
seems that they  are slowly loosing ground to the Street Mod classes. I
think all cars except A, B, C, and F mod ought to be street legal enough
that that they have a current registration and if required by that state a
sticker.  So maybe they cannot be driven accross the country but they could
say be driven to work and back once in a while.

Ray Colbert
57 Spyder Dmod
Pittsburgh PA