New Idea (Two Driver Run Order for 2003 Nationals)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: New Idea (Two Driver Run Order for 2003 Nationals)
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 23:19:20 EDT
After reading all the posts about the current 2 driver run order situation, I
had a strange idea come to mind. Obviously this could not be done for this
year, hense the 2003 in the subject. So I am just throwing out this idea out
for people to beat up on.

So here it is:
First off, we make the BIG change
All cars with only one driver have to run a number between 100 and 199

Now these people don't have to change a thing.
The tire warmers (first driver in a two driver car) run a number from 1 to 99
just as they do now

And the small change
The hot shoes (second driver in a two driver car) will put a 2 in front of
his co-driver's number

Since the # 1 used now has to come on and off, what is the big deal about
having to use a 2 instead of a 1? And I doubt many single drivers will have a
problem adding a 1 either.

Now look what this does.
All cars run in number order. Hoorayy

The first drivers in the two driver cars all go out first, in order.
Then all the single driver cars run.
And finally, the second drivers all go out and the time spacing is the same
for all of them. No odd gaps anywhere.

Even in a very small class, this should work without any problem. If there
are just 5 single driver cars and 5 2 driver cars there is still 9 cars
running before the second driver has to go out. To make 5 minutes, this would
be more like 35 seconds per start, Or the first couple cars of the next class
could take their runs before the second drivers go out, but I sure hope we
have no classes that small at nationals. To do 20 seconds per start, you
would need a combined total of  16 cars in the class. It does not matter how
many of those are single driver or two driver, it all works out the same.

What do you all think? Go ahead, blast away at it.

Gary Meissner
42 SM