Re: Recaps

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Recaps
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 02:42:52 -0800
When I started autocrossing in a Z-car over 30 years ago, recaps were the
hot thing to have. A company here in SoCal did them for about $100 for 4
tires.  You went to their place and tried to pick out at least two sets of
two that were on the same carcas and were the same height.  Don't know what
the compound was, just that they were stickier that stock, had a decent life
and were cheap.  And I don't remember anybody having a failure.

Rick Brown
BM / D Sports Racer