First event (was Re: Recaps)

To: <pethier@isd.net>, <marka@telerama.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: First event (was Re: Recaps)
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:38:38 -0600
Gotcha beat.

September 5, 1965 -- Virgo Autocross, at Mitchell Field, Hempstead, Long
Island, NY, driving my brother's MGA.

Mile-long course -- 11 turns (counting three S-turn combos as 2 each). By
today's standards it would have been at least a Solo Trials event. Host was
Team-X (my brother's club).

Everyone had to make a mandatory minimum of two practice runs, then got two
timed runs. I was 11th out of 21 in class, came home to Kansas, bought the
Spitfire, and the rest is history.

--Rocky (Yes, I still have my copy of the results, and the event flyer)