Re: First event (was Re: Recaps)

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: First event (was Re: Recaps)
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:07:21 -0500
--On Tuesday, January 14, 2003 6:40 PM -0600 Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net>
wrote:
> Even newbies who have only been doing this 6-8-10 years or so (or less)
> probably have some fun stories of first events. It's off-season. Good time
> for such remembrances.

My first event was Saturday, July 2, 1988 (yes, two weeks after Josh's first
event).  Orange Airport in Orange MA, hosted by the Yankee Sports Car Club
using a Porsche Club course from the previous weekend or the next day or
something.

At the end of the LOOOONNNGG straight, third gear I think, I boiled the
brake fluid in my 1987.5 GTI 16V.  Pedal went to the floor, car kept going
straight for a while.  For some reason, that wasn't enough to scare me
away...

Mark