Re: Proof that Kansas is flatter than a pancake

To: ".Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Proof that Kansas is flatter than a pancake
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:17:07 -0500
As a Kansas resident I can only respond -- "We resemble that remark."

When the Solo Nationals were held in Salina, I always got a kick out of the
difference in perception between drivers coming from the west and from the
east.

West: "Yep, Kansas sure is flat" (having just crossed the High Plains)
East: "I thought Kansas was supposed to be flat" (having just crossed the
Flint Hills).

Salina (or anywhere on the I-135/US-81 corridor) being generally the area at
which one transitioned to the other.

--Rocky Entriken