Re: Proof that Kansas is flatter than a pancake

To: "P.Herder" <p.herder@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Proof that Kansas is flatter than a pancake
From: Scott Troyer - TestEng DDR TMR <stroyer@micron.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 10:02:32 -0600
Perhaps the altimiter used was a little suspect, as another reply also
states that
Topeka is at ~700 feet, but in general, Kansas is 3 to 4 thousand feet
higher on
the west end than the east.  Okay, I have a homework assignment for you
team.netters
on your way to Nationals this year:  Upon entering Kansas (from whatever
side),
use your GPS, skiers watch, altimiters or whatever you got (the little
green signs
on the side of the road will work too) to take a reading on the
elevation when
entering the state.  Then take another when you get to the race site.
Describe
your results and methods here on team.net after you get home from Nationals.

Scott