Re: Subject: Re: shop manuals

To: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>,
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 03:53:48 -0600
If the dealer can't (or won't) supply the spec, maybe someone else would.
Maybe the independent shop, the guy who works on those cars the dealer won't
bother with any more (he likely has a shelf full of references too).

What's the spec on my car? Well, the factory in Britain is not much help
since it no longer exists. There's no Triumph dealers any more either. Maybe
we go ask Kas Kastner if he has the spec (he probably does!). For Eric's
car -- well, for Eric's car we might not want to ask Dick Salem (his dad),
but Dick up in Omaha might be a good source for other Porsche questions.
People in the prep business who actually have some stake in doing things
right would be IMHO at least as good a source as a Haynes or Chilton book.

Any source can be doubted or contested, but once presented (assuming the PC
does not turn it down) it then becomes the protestor's job to provide
something better.

--Rocky