Kumho 710's legal in non-DOT classes?

To: Evolution Discussion <evolution-discussions@egroups.com>
Subject: Kumho 710's legal in non-DOT classes?
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:00:15 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

A question about the eligibility suspension for Kumho tires:

http://www.scca.com/news/press04_57.html

Are these tires now no longer legal for Prepared & Mod as well?  We've got
some local folks that would like to run them...

I can't find anything in section 3 that seems to disallow them and the
notice above isn't clear if they're still ok in non-DOT classes (where,
for instance, a tire made in my garage would be legal...)

Just wanna make sure our region does the right thing with this one...
Thanks!

Mark