RE: Equipment Truck/Trailer Question

To: <autox@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Equipment Truck/Trailer Question
From: "Glen E. Thompson" <glen.thompson@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:59:56 -0400
We use a trailer for hauling equipment as well as running T&S out of it.
We pay members to haul the trailer to the event site.  The price is high
enough to ensure people are willing to do it.  In talking with Atlanta
Region, they worked out a deal with their local Ryder truck rental place
to have one truck installed with a hitch and they have that truck
reserved for every weekend that they have an event.

Our previous trailer was much smaller and it took a long time to get
setup at an event site.  The new trailer really smoothed over that task.
We considered a truck but higher initial costs, maintenance issues, and
insurance caused enough concern to make the trailer a safer option.

Trailer and contents are insured separately.  In Va. towing vehicle
insurance covers trailer while being towed.

A nearby region uses a box truck and it works very well.  There are
times I wish we had gone that option.

glen
Glen E. Thompson
Regional Executive