Re: Equipment Truck/Trailer Question

To: "Glen E. Thompson" <glen.thompson@cox.net>, <autox@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Equipment Truck/Trailer Question
From: "Scott Tengen" <scott@tengen.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:41:56 -0400
We also use a trailer for hauling equipment and doubles as T&S for the Cincy
region SCCA events

We have concession style flip up windows on each side with a bench for all
the workers and equipment.

It works well but hauling it around and storing are issues to consider.

If your lucky enough to have a site where you can leave the trailer between
events, it is usually not to painful for one of the regular competitors to
un-hook and move the trailer into place.

I think overall due to annual cost and maintenance of a truck a trailer is
the way to go.

Our other club just bought a used tool truck - this may be the ideal setup
with a lift gate on back and plenty of room, not to mention on board A/C and
a huge generator, but I am not sure what the insurance and maintenance costs
are, but my guess is more then a trailer.