New Time Trials Program

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: New Time Trials Program
From: JDMurphy47@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:06:04 -0500
All of this was covered by Howard Duncan at our Southeast Meeting back in
January.  From this day forward we are Solo without the "2".  I first noticed
this awhile back with the Topeka Nationals being called the Solo National
Championships.
BTW, the time trials program was recommended to Howard as a stepping stone
requirement BEFORE a novice can go to a Road Racing Driver's School so that the
novice can get used to the speed alone on the track and understand what it
takes to keep the car running over a race weekend before he runs wheel-to-wheel
at a driver's school and has to get his required hours of track time to
successfully complete the school.  I just wish that this had been required way
back when I went thru driver's school on my way to a national license and THEN
found out just how expensive road racing is in terms of money and time over the
course of a season.  The time committment is why I auotcross today.  I hope
that SCCA adopts this requirement.

Your grizzled old veteran,

Jim Murphy
1984 DareDevil F500 F Mod #40 (now with a Rotax 493)