Re: Fw: SCCA Club Racing Announces New Entry Level Track

To: Chuck <golden1@britsys.net>, Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: SCCA Club Racing Announces New Entry Level Track
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:10:20 -0500
--On Friday, February 18, 2005 9:41 AM -0500 Chuck <golden1@britsys.net>
wrote:
> Is anyone else concerned that divorcing Solo1 from Solo2 is the first
> major step in dropping the Solo2 program entirely? We already know that
> there was serious talk of deleting Prosolo this year and it was mentioned
> at the convention that the 2006 National Championships would not be at
> Forbes nor at Heartland.

Conspiracy theories always abound, but this is not the thinking behind
moving the Solo 1 program to Club Racing.  The fact is that the Solo 1
program has been neglected; few if any on the SEB are active participants,
the ruleset is quite different, etc.

This is a good move for the SCCA autocross community!  It allows the
National Office staff involved with Solo and the SEB to focus on our bread
and butter.

Mark