Tage Evanson, Co-Drivers and Fun

To: lollipop487@attbi.com
Subject: Tage Evanson, Co-Drivers and Fun
From: JDMurphy47@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:54:10 EST
NAP,
I am glad to see Tage's name in your latest NAP issue and how he did out in
Arizona.  As you may have seen in the Topeka Nationals write-up in Sports  Car
how Tage became my co-driver in  the most unusual of ways.  I  was very
impressed with his driving skills in my F500 having never sat in it  before
Monday
of the Nationals.  I am now a big fan of his and am looking  forward to his
name being mentioned many times in the future.  Please pass  this on to Tage as
I do not have his email address.  I hope that he kept  the funny sign that he
used to get my attention to remind him of the fun  experience that he had in
my car.
Over the many years that I have autocrossed (since 1970 in a 70  1/2 Camaro
Z28) I have found that having a co-driver in my car actually  increases my fun
experience.  This has led to an open seat policy for my  car - all you have to
do is come up and ask me and if the seat is available,  you're in the car.
Anyone who has known me over the years has seen a  procession of many
co-drivers in my car (even a lady SCCA HQ staffer several  years ago).  Yes, I
have a
competitive fire and an ego but it is  counter balanced by the need to share
the fun of my F500 with others.
For 2005, the F500 has had its chassis significantly stiffened (flexing  some
after only 20 years!), am switching from Goodyears to Hoosiers, and
installed the newly approved Rotax 493. I am in a bit of a bind, though, as  I
have
TWO co-drivers for this season but I am certain that all three of us will  have
fun in my F500.  Above all else, that is what it is all about.

Jim Murphy
1984 DareDevil F500 F Mod #40