Re: PRO/Car and Driver Schedule and Classing available now...

To: Mike King <mapcomaps@bellsouth.net>, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: PRO/Car and Driver Schedule and Classing available now...
From: Charlie Davis <gt40d@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:30:43 -0800 (PST)
--- Mike King wrote:

> Btw, am I the only one sitting back this year and
> realizing someone in the
> National office needs a swift kick in the back side?
> And I'm not referring
> to anyone in the Solo office necessarily...

I think Steve has a few bugs to work out.  For
instance, a full-on STS car runs in a class with 550
points max, but can end up competitive in STS at
around 400-420 points.  So, you can remove the cat and
run a lightened flywheel and stay in the same class.
How many STS drivers want to get beat up bu an STS+
car?  I'm guessing there are other holes in the system
where competitive SCCA cars don't have a chance
against some "points special."

And as far as I know, the lot at Alameda Point isn't
all that large and has restrictions on the number of
cars that can enter, top speeds lower than Solo 2
speeds, etc...

Charlie

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250