Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: Way to finance our Solo2.....

To: Jay Mitchell <jemitchelltx@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: Way to finance our Solo2.....
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:38:33 -0500
--On Monday, March 21, 2005 10:37 AM -0600 Jay Mitchell
<jemitchelltx@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Beyond the Solo2 National Championship (which presumably doesn't
> lose money, taken as a standalone), why do we _need_ a "National
> Solo program?" We did just fine without one for years prior to
> the introduction of National Tours in 1992.

While it's a little off topic, I just wanted to remind folks that
one of the several drivers for the Nation Tour program was to address the
massive spread of event size and quality across Divisionals.  Some
Divisionals were big 2-day events with 200+ entries, others were little
1-day events with 40 entries.  The contingency sponsors were paying out
for all of them, and that really wasn't fair.

Without some uniform standards for Divisionals, I wouldn't want to go back
to the days without National Tours.  There might be good ways to address
that concern without having the National Office actually administer the
events, of course...

Mark